We, at SI Solar, are committed to the renewable energy movement. We support local recycling programs, power sources that reduce our carbon footprint, products that help reduce greenhouse gases, and other things that help to make our planet a better living environment for current and future generations.
Toward that end, we have compiled a list of Green Tips to encourage our readers to do their part.
How will you help our earth today?
- consider solar panels on your home to generate your own electricity
- turn off the lights when you leave a room
- take a shorter shower
- plant a tree
- walk to the store
- recycle everything you can
- get your car tuned up
- utilize recycled bags for shopping
- unplug appliances when not in use
- donate old clothes to a charity
- utilize power strips for appliances you need to plug in
- fix leaky faucets
- purchase organic fruits and vegetables
- organize a local park clean-up day
- install ceiling fans in your home, so you use less air conditioning
- write with a pencil, rather than a pen
- don’t litter
- drive the speed limit
- plant your own herb garden
- go on a picnic, but remember to take all your trash with you
- buy locally-grown fruits and veggies
“The best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing you can do is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
There are many things we can do as individuals that can make a big difference collectively. Check back often, as we continue to add to our list of Green Tips.